How to clean your diffuser!
Lively Living essential oil diffusers are an ideal asset for your home and office. Depending on which Lively Living essential oils you diffuse, they purify the air you breathe, bring calm and emotional benefits and freshen your environment to meet your needs.
Lively Living have a impressive and diverse range of diffusers, for every room of the home and work to suit your style and lifestyle. We have more than 15 styles in total, ranging from 60ml to 1.8 litre water capacity. We even have a Aroma-Recharge cordless diffuser, and the multi-award winning Aroma-Snooze Sleep Aid.
Regardless of the style of diffuser you have, learning how to clean your diffuser properly is important to ensure its performance and longevity. If left sitting unused and uncleaned for too long, essential oil residue can negatively affect your aromatic experience, and the lifespan of your diffuser.
– If using your diffuser daily, this should be done every few days.
- Empty any excess oil and water residue from the base of the water well. Turn off the power, unplug the power cord pour any water out away from the air vent hole and power buttons.
- Wipe the inside of diffuser – Wipe out with a dry cloth.
- Wipe the outside of the diffuser – With a clean damp cloth. However do not use a essential oil clean on the outside lids, as many of the Lively Living diffusers have a variety of materials from glass, pearl, bamboo finishes and only warm water is suited.
- Rinse and dry – Give the diffuser and water tank a rinse and leave to dry.
– This should be done once every month.
- Empty any excess oil and water left in the diffuser – Turn off the power, unplug the power cord pour any water out away from the air vent hole and power buttons.
- If there is any discolouring caused from pure essential oils, simply put a drop or two of a lemon or citrus essential oil on a DRY cloth and wipe out the inside water well when DRY. This will help to remove any essential oil residue, that may have stained the water well.
- Create a solution of 50/50 white vinegar and water – Fill the water tank 1 cm from the base.
- Run the diffuser – Turn the diffuser on and diffuse, to allow the vinegar mixture to run through the device, or you an leave the solution left to sit in the water well base for several hours or even over night. This will help give a deep clean.
- Clean tight spots – Use a cotton tip soaked with white vinegar and clean any tight spots around the diffuser including the lid
- Rinse the diffuser – Use clean plain tap water to run through the diffuser.
- Wipe with a dry cloth - Wipe your diffuser dry.
- NOTE: To keep your essential oil diffuser in top running order, it is essential to clean your diffuser regularly.
Lively Living entire range of diffusers are all manufactured by the world leaders and inventors of ultrasonic technology Ültransmit'. Along with international designers and a solid 12 month warranty Lively Living are proud to have introduced Ultrasonic Diffusers into Australia in early 2013 and continue to lead the way with new and innovative designs, features and technology.
View our full diffuser range here.