Celebrated for its soothing, calming, and healing properties, lavender oil is one of nature’s greatest gifts. With its versatile range of applications and uses, myriad health and wellness benefits, and delightful floral aroma, lavender is one of the first essential oils people reach for when they need an all-purpose everyday hero.
This week, we’ve put Lively Living’s 100% Certified Organic Lavender Oil in the spotlight to share the wonderful benefits lavender can deliver to every member of the household. If you thought lavender was simply a fragrance your grandma used to scent her drawer-liners, think again. You’ll be amazed to discover the many different ways lavender oil can enrich your life.
Lively Living’s top 10 tips for Lavender Oil
- A natural sleep aid. Lavender oil is renowned for its ability to aid in sleep promotion and restore healthy sleep patterns. Not getting enough beauty sleep? Apply a few drops to the soles of your feet just prior to bedtime, and wake up feeling restored and refreshed.
- Insect bites. Lavender oil brings rapid relief to the sting and itch of a variety of insect and bug bites. A great natural supplement to any first aid kit, simply apply a drop or two of lavender oil direct to the bite.
- Calm and soothe. The aromatherapeutic properties of lavender can help calm anxious minds and frazzled nerves by impacting the limbic system in the brain that controls emotion. Add 2-5 drops to your Lively Living aroma diffuser to create a soothing and ambient environment.
- Laundry love. Add a few drops of lavender oil to unscented laundry detergent for your washing machine, or sprinkle 2-3 drops onto a cotton cloth and toss into your dryer. Your clothes will be clean, fresh, and deodorised, and smell divine.
- Aromatic soap. Did you know that lavender derives its name from the latin verb lavare—which means, “to wash”? It’s no surprise that lavender oil has been used for centuries to create scented soap for 100% natural cleansing.
- Relaxing Bath. Soak your stress away with a fragrant, muscle soothing lavender bath. Hint: Never add your oil directly to the bath water, or it will just sit on the surface. Add a couple of drops to a carrier oil first, such as Lively Living’s Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Child’s Play. If you’re looking for a natural, fun, and cost-effective way to keep the kids entertained, try this economical homemade version of playdough infused with lavender essential oil to calm kids while their hands are busy!
- Nourish your skin. Lavender oil is full of antioxidants and antifungal properties. As such, it’s a great natural skin booster, and great for treating dry, thirsty skin. Add a few drops to your moisturiser to really nourish your skin.
- Sunburn. Add a few drops of lavender oil to carrier oil and apply direct to your skin for rapid relief, or combine with aloe water in a spray bottle for a refreshing and soothing skin spritz.
- Perfume. With its heavenly fragrance, lavender oil doubles as a 100% natural perfume, free from chemicals and contaminants. Simply dab a drop or two behind your ears and your pulse points for a delightful signature scent.
It’s no surprise the use of lavender oil has been documented for over 2,500 years. Our top ten list is just a fraction of the many different uses of this multipurpose wonder oil. We hope you enjoy trying some of our ideas in your household, and sharing the benefits of lavender with your family and friends.
Lively Living’s 100% certified organic Lavender Oil is globally-sourced directly from the growers, ensuring the purest, highest quality oils delivered direct to your door.
Thank you for choosing Certified Organic.